To organize the Silver Rose Run through your jurisdiction, the Silver Rose chairman and his committee must:
- Make arrangements to receive the Silver Rose from the preceding jurisdiction. This should include a prayer service and/or Mass in honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe. On hand to receive the rose should be the state deputy or his designated state officer and the district master or his designee. The vice supreme master of the jurisdiction receiving the rose should also be present together with the grand knight, faithful navigator, chief squire and civic officials of the jurisdiction receiving the Rose.
- Establish a route that will carry the Silver Rose through the jurisdiction within the specified time limit. (In many cases actually running the Rose may be impractical or impossible. It is acceptable to drive the Rose from point to point.)
- Arrange for an assembly, council or a Squires circle to serve as a stopping point each evening and to host an Our Lady of Guadalupe prayer service.
- Arrange for an appropriate number of runners. The word “runner” is used loosely. Participants may walk. Additionally, “runners” need not be Knights. They could be Squires, family members, friends or anyone interested in promoting the cause.
- Alert all appropriate law enforcement agencies along the route to get permission for the event if needed and to request a police escort car for the route.
- Arrange for “procession vehicles,” including a drop-off van, a pickup van and a safety car for the entire route.
- Make sure to provide for instant communication along entire route using cell phones.
- Keep the state PR Chairman fully apprised of all details as early as possible so that he can issue media alerts to the appropriate newspapers, radio stations and TV stations along the route. Ask him to arrange for photography and/or video coverage along the route.
The following information is provided to assist with implementing an event or program within your state council, local council, assembly or circle to support the Our Lady of Guadalupe - One Life, One Rose Silver Rose program.
For additional information on how your council, assembly or circle can participate with Silver Rose, please contact your state office for more details.
Silver Rose News Articles