Seven Helpful Tips for the March for Life
This year we ask every single Knight living in the United States to attend the annual March for Life in Washington, D.C. — or a local pro-life demonstration. This year, the March will be on Jan. 18, 2019. Here’s a helpful checklist to help you plan:
- Welcome families to attend — there is no better way to witness to the name of pro-life than to welcome babies and family members of all ages. While it might be difficult for some young families and older people to march, the Knights should be there to offer whatever support they need. Pushing a wheelchair or carrying a heavy diaper bag can give families a much appreciated break!
- Make sure to charter a bus (or buses) with enough space for everyone. Or, help pro-life groups coordinate their own trips.
- Bring your phone and camera. We encourage you to share a vivid capture of your experience on social media, helping build enthusiasm and support of the march among those who couldn’t attend. Be sure to use the hashtags #Knights4Life, #WhyWeMarch and #UniqueFromDayOne.
- Pack water and snacks. It’s important to keep up your energy and stay hydrated.
- Carry your Knights of Columbus rosary. Lead your brother Knights in a rosary for life as you march, or encourage them to say it privately.
- Carry March for Life signs (#9341, available in English, French or Spanish) at the event. Knights can order signs through Officers Online. Running out of time and still need a sign? Simply print out an 11 x 17 or an 8.5 x 11 poster.
- Wear warm hats, scarves and coats! The march is in the middle of January, so dress in warm Knights’ gear to keep you toasty.
For more details on the march, visit marchforlife.org