World Day of Prayer for Vocations
Show your support to people discerning the call to priesthood and religious life by standing with the entire Church in observing the World Day of Prayer for Vocations on Sunday, April 26, 2015.
Supporting religious vocations has always been a priority for the Order. By providing support to those discerning a call to consecrated poverty, chastity and obedience through the priesthood or religious life, we help enable them to realize their vocations.
As Knights, your councils can contribute to this important cause by doing any of the following throughout the year:
- • Praying at the beginning and end of your council and assembly meetings for an increase in priestly or religious vocations, especially among young people.
- • Working with local pastors to organize holy hours for vocations at local parishes.
- • Promoting “Vocations Day” events such as vocations fairs (with presentations by various seminarians, postulants and/or young religious).
- • Holding fundraising drives for a needy seminarian or religious.
- • Offering to cover travel expenses for men and women attending personal vocation retreats, or sponsoring group visits to nearby seminaries or religious communities.
- • Making the Order’s RSVP scholarship and student loan information available to seminarians and postulants.
- • Showing support for local religious by sponsoring an ad for their communities in your parish bulletin or local newspaper, or by hosting receptions celebrating religious professions or ordinations.
For information on further actively supporting vocations, please review the RSVP guidelines and eligibility requirements.