- Contact the local Habitat for Humanity affiliate in your area for information on upcoming projects. (Contact information can be found at www.habitat.org or by e-mailing email@example.com.)
- Develop a calendar of Habitat for Humanity project dates.
- Provide information to council members and parishioners well in advance of an upcoming project so that they can participate and prepare.
- Build public interest for each event! Promote your council’s Habitat for Humanity in your parish and larger community through a variety of efforts:
- Prominently display promotional posters (which can be ordered through Supplies Online)
- Bulletin announcements
- Pulpit announcements
- Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages
- On the day of the event, wear Knights of Columbus-branded apparel and have the council membership director bring brochures and membership documents (including Prospect Cards #921A). Do not forget that this event is a recruiting opportunity!
- Enlist a fellow Knight or community member to photograph the event.
- To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting forms and submit them to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Please note: councils must donate a minimum of $1,000 or 200 service hours to Habitat for Humanity projects in their community to satisfy program requirements. Retain copies of all reports for your council records.
Habitat for Humanity Resources
All supplies and kits should be ordered by your council Grand Knight or Financial Secretary using the Supplies Online application available through Officers Online. Please note that Guide Sheets, Press Releases, etc. are available below as PDFs.
- #10628- Habitat for Humanity - Brochure
- #10729- Habitat for Humanity - Report Form
- #10631- Habitat for Humanity - Vertical Poster
- #10630- Habitat for Humanity - Horizontal Poster
- #10629- Habitat for Humanity - Participant Certificate
- #10616- Habitat for Humanity - Guide Sheet