- Contact the local Habitat for Humanity affiliate in your area for information on upcoming projects. (Contact information can be found at www.habitat.org or by e-mailing email@example.com.)
- Develop a calendar of Habitat for Humanity project dates.
- Provide information to council members and parishioners well in advance of an upcoming project so that they can participate and prepare.
- Build public interest for each event! Promote your council’s Habitat for Humanity in your parish and larger community through a variety of efforts:
- Prominently display promotional posters (which can be ordered through Supplies Online)
- Bulletin announcements
- Pulpit announcements
- Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages
- On the day of the event, wear Knights of Columbus-branded apparel and have the council membership director bring brochures and membership documents (including Prospect Cards #921A). Do not forget that this event is a recruiting opportunity!
- Enlist a fellow Knight or community member to photograph the event.
- To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting forms and submit them to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Please note: councils must donate a minimum of $1,000 or 200 service hours to Habitat for Humanity projects in their community to satisfy program requirements. Retain copies of all reports for your council records.
Habitat for Humanity Resources
- #10628- Habitat for Humanity - Brochure
- #10729- Habitat for Humanity - Report Form
- #10631- Habitat for Humanity - Vertical Poster
- #10630- Habitat for Humanity - Horizontal Poster
- #10629- Habitat for Humanity - Participant Certificate
- #10616- Habitat for Humanity - Guide Sheet