- Order the Soccer Challenge Kit (#SC-KIT) through Supplies Online, the supply ordering portal available on Officers Online.
- Set a date, location and time for the Soccer Challenge. If required by venue, acquire insurance.
- Contact schools and youth centers to explain and promote the program. Suggest that the schools or youth centers consider using this activity as part of their physical education classes.
- Prior to the Soccer Challenge, use the sample press release as a model to create and distribute a tailored release to local media.
- Build public interest for the event! Promote the Soccer Challenge in your parish and larger community through a variety of efforts:
- Prominently display promotional posters (found in the Soccer Challenge Kit (#SC-KIT))
- Bulletin announcements
- Pulpit announcements
- Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages
- Coordinate with the district and state/province leadership regarding date, time, and location of the next level of competition. On the day of the event, provide this information to the council-level winners.
- Preregistration is recommended, but sometimes difficult to execute.
- Hold the Soccer Challenge! Review the Soccer Challenge Playbook (#4576) for guidelines, volunteer requirements, and other information.
- On the day of the event, wear Knights of Columbus-branded apparel and have the council membership director set up a table with brochures and membership documents (including Prospect Cards #921A). Do not forget that this event is a recruiting opportunity!
- Enlist a fellow Knight or community member to photograph the event.
- Following the Soccer Challenge, update the community on the success of your program by amending the Soccer Challenge sample announcement and distributing it to local media, along with energizing photographs from the event.
- Send winning Soccer Challenge Score Sheets (#4578) to the next level of competition.
- To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting forms and submit them to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Remember to retain copies for your council records.
- Immediately after your event is finished, complete the Soccer Challenge Participation Report Form (#4567) and Fraternal Programs Report Form (#10784)
- At the end of the fraternal year, complete your Columbian Award Application (#SP-7)
Soccer Challenge Resources
All supplies and kits should be ordered by your council Grand Knight or Financial Secretary using the Supplies Online application available through Officers Online. Please note that Guide Sheets, Press Releases, etc. are available below as PDFs.
- #4576- Soccer Challenge - Playbook
- #4578- Soccer Challenge - Entry Form and Score Sheet
- #4567- Soccer Challenge - Participation Form
- #4571- Soccer Challenge - Vertical Poster
- #4572- Soccer Challenge - Horizontal Poster
- #4573- Soccer Challenge - Participant Certification
- #4575- Soccer Challenge - Winner Certificate
- #10648- Soccer Challenge - Press Release
- #10649- Soccer Challenge - Champion Announcement
- #10618- Soccer Challenge - Guide Sheet
Order the Soccer Challenge Kit (#SC-Kit) through Supplies Online, the supply ordering portal available on Officers Online.
- #4576- Playbook
- #4578- Entry Form and Score Sheet
- #4567- Participation Form
- #4571- Vertical Poster
- #4572- Horizontal Poster
- #4573- Participant Certification
- #4575- Winner Certificate