- Working with your pastor, obtain his recommendations on conducting a Novena for Life. Consider using novenas provided by the USCCB, such as the 9 Days for Life Novena in January.
- Set a date for the novena. Consider incorporating it as part of the council’s participation in a 40 Days for Life campaign or schedule it to precede a major feast day or pro-life event.
- Plan the schedule, events, and activities for the novena. Visit www.kofc.org/novena to explore resources for potential intentions, reflections, events and more. Requirements for the nine days are broad and should be molded to suit your parish and community. Keep the following recommendations in mind when planning your Novena for Life:
- Anchor the beginning and end of the nine days with public church services like a Mass or rosary
- Consider organizing a social activity during the novena for the parish to come together and celebrate life
- Involve members of many parish organizations, especially the parish school and religious education leaders, in promoting and participating in the novena and services
- Invite members of local culture of life groups to join in your novena and services
- Order Prayer for Life Prayer Cards (#4665) through Supplies Online, the supply ordering portal available on Officers Online, and distribute them to members of the parish. Have these prayer cards available the week prior to the start of the novena, at the opening church service and at all associated activities. Also place a good supply of prayer cards in your church and council hall.
- Prior the start of the novena, use the sample press release as a model to create and distribute a tailored release to local media.
- Build public interest for the event! Promote the Novena for Life in your parish and larger community through a variety of efforts:
- Prominently display promotional posters (which can be ordered through Supplies Online)
- Bulletin announcements
- Pulpit announcements
- Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages
- To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting forms and submit them to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Remember to retain copies for your council records.
Novena for Life Resources
All supplies and kits should be ordered by your council Grand Knight or Financial Secretary using the Supplies Online application available through Officers Online. Please note that Guide Sheets, Press Releases, etc. are available below as PDFs.
- #10725- Novena for Life - Vertical Poster
- #10724- Novena for Life - Horizontal Poster
- #4237- Gospel of Life Prayer Card
- #2072- Rosary for Life Prayer Card
- #10726- Novena for Life - Press Release
- #10622- Novena for Life - Guide Sheet