- Contact the state Special Olympics chairman and local Special Olympics branch to see how the council might be of assistance. (Go to the Special Olympics website to find Special Olympics near you.)
- Set council goals for man hours and funds to be donated to Special Olympics.
- Build public interest of Special Olympics events! Promote in your parish and larger community through a variety of efforts:
- Bulletin announcements
- Pulpit announcements
- Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages
- Plan and conduct the event.
- Encourage participation of council members.
- On the day of the event, wear Knights of Columbus-branded apparel and have the council membership director set up a table with brochures and membership documents (including Prospect Cards #921A). Do not forget that this event is a recruiting opportunity!
- Enlist a fellow Knight or community member to photograph the event.
- To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting forms and submit them to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Remember to retain copies for your council records.
Special Olympics Resources
All supplies and kits should be ordered by your council Grand Knight or Financial Secretary using the Supplies Online application available through Officers Online. Please note that Guide Sheets, Press Releases, etc. are available below as PDFs.
- #4584- Special Olympics - Report Form
- #10702- Special Olympics - Vertical Poster
- #10703- Special Olympics - Horizontal Poster
- #10626- Special Olympics - Guide Sheet