Membership and Recruitment Awards
Year of The Volunteer’ 2009-10 Membership Campaign
During the 2009-10 fraternal year, each council was charged with the task of asking Knights and their families to not only volunteer their service, but to also encourage them to bring men with a similar commitment to helping others into our Order – increasing our ability to serve our neighbors.
Our members help our communities and people in need in many ways – by sponsoring blood drives or youth sports teams, raising funds and volunteering for Special Olympics and other programs for people with intellectual disabilities, holding food drives for local soup kitchens and much more.
Through these and other actions, they show
prospective members firsthand the great work that our Order does and they encourage them to join the Knights of Columbus. Councils were asked to share with other Catholic men and their families the many benefits of membership in the Order by asking them to join, thus making the Knights stronger than ever before.
During this campaign, new incentive programs were offered to state councils, district deputies, councils and recruiters. All recruiters also received 500 recruitment reward points for every new or readmitted member they recruited into the Order.
These points are redeemable for Knights of Columbus merchandise through the Supreme Council Supply Department. Points were awarded to 33,751 recruiters for their efforts in asking eligible Catholic men to join the Order.
As a special recruitment incentive, the Order’s Top Recruiter for the fraternal year received a trip to the Supreme Council meeting here in Washington, D.C.
This year, we honor a special recruiter who managed to bring 172 new members into the Order last year. Rigoberto Vázquez-Barajas of México Central is the 2009-10 fraternal year’s recipient of the Orderwide Top Recruiter Award.
Councils that add 100 members over suspensions and withdrawals are eligible for the Order’s prestigious Century Club Award.
This year, 10 councils qualified for the Century Club Award, accounting for 1,212 new members. This year’s Century Club Award winners are:
- Council 7813: Allacapan, Cagayan, Luzon – 224 members
- Council 14023: Starachowice, Poland – 153 members
- Council 14808: Pago Pago, American Samoa – 146 members
- Council 2367: Durango, México Northwest – 144 members
- Council 2672: Rockaway Beach, New York – 118 members
- Council 14068: Mexico District Federal, México South – 116 members
- Council 799: Dallas, Texas – 108 members
- Council 5234: Ballesteros, Cagayan, Luzon – 103 members
- Council 8238: Yorba Linda, California – 102 members
- Council 6309: Minglanilla, Cebu, Visayas – 100 member