Conduct an Open House
Before or after a council meeting is an ideal time to hold a Patriotic Degree Open House to reach your audience of prospective Sir Knights. The success of your Open House is dependent on carefully planning and carrying out each of the following steps.
- Appoint a committee to organize, set the date and time of the event. Publicize in local council newsletters.
- Order quantities of these materials in advance - Membership Document (#4), the new Introduction to the Patriotic Degree (#4544) and the A Message for Knights who Want More (#4135) flyers, and the Take Your Membership to New Heights poster (#4136), from the Supreme Council Supply Department.
- Prepare table top displays highlighting assembly activities and Patriotic Degree principles; include handouts and copies of assembly newsletter.
- Have Sir Knights in regalia on hand to describe the color corps and benefits of membership in the Patriotic Degree.
- Schedule a question and answer session to further explain the assembly and the Patriotic Degree.
- Have pens on hand and assist prospects in completing Membership Documents (#4).
- Conclude with refreshments and a brief social.
Growth and Initiatives