The Knights of Columbus is truly a remarkable, one-of-a-kind organization, and our insurance program continues to show its strength and stability in spite of economic turmoil. In fact, 2011 marked the eleventh consecutive year of growth in many categories. This accomplishment illustrates the faith our members have in the products and services we offer to protect their families.
Consider the following 2011 achievements.
• During 2011, the Order issued more life insurance than ever before in our history: $7.9 billion.
• Our total insurance in force reached a new high of $83.5 billion. To put this remarkable number in perspective, consider that at the end of 2000, we stood at $40.4 billion.
• The Order introduced a new disability income insurance product in April. Called Income Armor, this addition to our portfolio is designed in the spirit of Father Michael J. McGivney, and can provide a steady stream of income in the event of a long-term injury or illness.
• We finished the year with more field agents serving our members than ever before. Still, as our membership continues to grow, new agent candidates are always in demand across the U.S. and Canada. The ultimate goal is to have all of our members served by a dedicated, full-time agent, and, if you know someone who may be interested in becoming an agent, please contact us.
• The Order’s assets under management reached a new high, exceeding $18 billion.
• During 2011, we celebrated four exceptional months that were in the “best ever” category. Records were set in May, August, October and November.
• Nearly 20,000 new retirement annuities were issued to our members and their families in 2011.
• Our A++ (Superior) rating from A.M. Best was reaffirmed and there continues to be no more highly rated life insurer in North America.
• As the costs of long-term care continue to rise, members and their spouses continue to turn to the Knights of Columbus to help them prepare for this expense. Our agents can show you how this product can protect the assets you’ve worked so hard to accumulate.
• Our number of associate members becoming insured members continued to grow, showing more of our brothers availed themselves to our products. We hope this trend continues and that more members understand the value of owning our products.
Take pride in the success your organization is having in fulfilling the vision of Father McGivney by caring for the financial security of our members and their families. Remember, today is a great day to meet your agent to discuss coverage or review the policies you already have with us. If you don’t know who he is, please visit www.kofc.org and click on “Find an Agent.” You’ll be glad you did.