To organize a successful Coats for Kids distribution:
- Consider appointing a Coats for Kids chairman or assigning the task to the community activities chairman for the council.
- Contact the state council to learn if there is a state chairman who is responsible for coordinating a statewide coat drive, and determine how your council, assembly or circle can support the drive.
- Councils hosting their own coat drive should decide on a location and time to host the event. Consider inviting local veterans, athletes, TV personnel, local fire and police department, and parish priest.
- Make sure that you order enough coats by contacting your local human services agencies, parishes and schools to get a list of children in need of a coat.
- Order Coats through Knights Gear. For assistance, contact (203)752-4270.
- Publicize the event through local media and through the same human services agencies, parishes and schools you are serving.
How do I order coats?
Councils should order their children’s coats through Knights Gear. For assistance contact 203-752-4270.
How much does a case of coats cost? How much is shipping?
A case costs US $220 or Canadian $245. There is no additional shipping cost.
How many coats are in a case?
Do cases come with a mix of boys and girls? Can I customize my case? Is there a mix of styles?
Cases come with either all-boys’ or all-girls’ coats, each with a diverse assortment of styles. We cannot mix boys’ and girls’ coats together and we cannot customize your order based on style preference. However, please note that when multiple cases are ordered, each case will contain a different style than the last.
What sizes do the coats come in?
A standard case of coats comes in a variety of sizes. Please see the provided chart.
Can I get a case of just smaller coats for toddlers? What sizes?
Yes, we have cases of smaller-sized coats available. Please see the provided sizing chart.
How does shipping work? How long does delivery take?
Shipping takes two to three weeks from the date of order. Small orders come via UPS, large orders come via freight truck. Tracking information will be emailed upon shipment.
My C4K order is lost, damaged, or it did not arrive. How do I track my order?
If the order was placed through Knights Gear, call Knights Gear customer service at 1-855-GEAR-KOC (855-432-7562). If a Supreme Council staff placed the order, call (203) 752-4270.
What are my payment options?
Councils can pay with a check, credit card, or chargeback. You can send a check directly with your order to the Supreme Council headquarters. If you order through Knights Gear you can pay by credit card or use the chargeback function, which allows you to put the bill on your council’s monthly statement.
Parenthesis = Number of coats in that size
Small Size Prepacks:
Coats Flow Diagram
To assist your council in organizing the Coats for Kids program, the following materials are available from the Supreme Council.
|Coats for Kids Flyer (limit of 50)||10503|
|When ordering materials, please mail or fax a Requisition Form (#1) to:|
Supreme Council Supply Department
1 Columbus Plaza
New Haven, CT 06510
(Fax - 800-266-6340)
Please allow four weeks to ensure delivery by the event.