Offer Men Membership in the Knights of Columbus
Recruiting new members is essential to the continued growth and well-being of your council and the Order. Offering a man membership in the Knights of Columbus gives him the opportunity to improve his own life and his community.
Here are ways of putting your recruitment program together.
1. Start with your Chaplain. Obtain his permission to conduct a Church membership drive in your parish.
2. Conduct an open house the following weekend.
3. Invite prospects to a council service program.
4. No more than two weeks after your membership drive, hold or participate in a First Degree exemplification to welcome new members into your council. It's a best practice to conduct a First Degree Exemplification every month.
- To accomodate a candidate's schedule, use the First Degree Video Production available via Officers Online.
Along with the steps above, here are some other membership recruitment ideas to supplement your drive:
• Recruit Former and Inactive Insurance Members.
• Include Your Knights of Columbus Insurance Agent and Chaplain in Recruiting.
|Haitian Amputee Soccer Team|
|Trail of Charity (tractor cruise)|
|Pulling for Our Troops (Wounded Warrior support)|
|K of C Commercials|
|Honoring Our Heroes|
|What We Do|
|Be the Difference|
|Building the Church|