Archbishop Jose Gomez with Supreme Knight Carl Anderson and his wife Dorian at the dedication.
Supreme Knight Carl Anderson — along with representatives from the California State Council — took part in the ceremonies marking the dedication of the new chapel to Our Lady of Guadalupe at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels in Los Angeles on Sunday, Sept. 2. Archbishop Jose Gomez of Los Angeles presided over the dedication.
The chapel's construction was made possible by a grant from the Knights of Columbus. It will be the permanent home of the relic of San Juan Diego's tilma — on which the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe was miraculously imprinted in 1531. The relic in Los Angeles is the only known piece of the tilma in the United States. The Knights cosponsored the tour of the tilma relic throughout the United States in 2003 and also brought the relic to Phoenix for the 2009 Guadalupe Festival.
Just last month, the relic was prominently featured at the Guadalupe Celebration held at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
Joining Supreme Knight Anderson at the dedication were California State Council representatives State Warden Sonny Santa Ines and past State Deputy Robert Villalobos.