The Canonization of Blessed John Paul II and Blessed John XXIII
We are all eagerly awaiting the canonization of Pope John Paul II and Pope John XXIII on April 27, 2014 and we are aware of the great interest among our members, their families and the youth to participate in this historic and spiritual event. To respond to this need, the Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus will be making space available for pilgrims to camp free of charge on its sports field in Rome.
If you, your family, a member of your council or a parish group have considered going to Rome, but still have not found accommodations, please register by clicking the link below.
These sports fields are within the city of Rome and St. Peter's is accessible from them by either walking or by public transportation.
Pilgrims who decide to take advantage of this offer must bring their own tents and sleeping bags. Since it rains often during April in Rome, tents are highly recommended.
The sports fields will provide only the following accommodations:
- Portable restrooms
- A limited number of showers
- Running water
- Space for erecting a small or medium sized tent
Food will not be provided at the fields, but may be purchased nearby the sports fields from local markets. There will be no parking space available.
Thank you for your interest in this initiative which is another great example of the charitable mission of our Order to support the Catholic Church.
- Please start your registration below by creating an account. You will be able to access your registration later in order to modify or cancel it.
- Individuals can register themselves and up to 4 other participants for a total of 5 people. You can also register as a group (up to 50 individuals).
- You will be required to give the full name and email address of all participants. When registering children and/or those without email access, please enter your own email address for communication purposes.
- After registering, you will receive an email confirming your registration.
This IS NOT a guarantee that you will be able to camp on the field. The number of available spaces is limited.
- You will receive a second email several weeks before the Canonization with your e-ticket which will allow you access to the field.
- Upon arrival to the field, you must present your e-ticket and a copy of your passport/national ID card.
- We will accept arrivals starting at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, April 25, 2014. All pilgrims must vacate the field by the evening of Tuesday, April 29, 2014.