Updated Columbian Award Application (#SP-7)
The Columbian Award Application has been updated to reflect the new Faith in Action program model.
The electronic form is available through Officers Online. Electronic submissions via “Online Submission” are encouraged. Please review this information.
The following changes have been made to the application:
- Renaming and categorization of the data fields.
- Category reporting that matches Faith in Action.
- Volunteer hours and donations fields have been added within each program field.
RECOMMENDED BEST PRACTICES:
- Please submit all Columbian Award Applications to the Fraternal Mission Department before the end of the fraternal year June 30th.
- The Columbian Award Application (#SP-7) is a requirement to earn the Star Council Award.
- Read updated instructions about the type of programs that should be reported on the form.
- Use your Fraternal Leader Success Planner (#5033) to help document the number of programs, events, charitable hours, and distributions throughout the year.
- When calculating service hours, remember that family members and volunteers assisting the Knights can be counted towards your totals.
- Reporting should be done in whole numbers only – do not report fractions of hours or spare change.