- Contact the Knights of Columbus jurisdiction and coordinate with the state wheelchair chairman to determine how the council can assist with their Global Wheelchair Mission activities.
- Set an annual goal for the council to contribute to Global Wheelchair Mission (i.e. specific dollar amount or specific number of wheelchairs).
- Build public interest for the program! Promote the work of your council on behalf of the Global Wheelchair Mission in the parish and larger community through a variety of efforts:
- Prominently display promotional posters
- Bulletin announcements
- Pulpit announcements
- Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages
- Schedule events to raise funds and promote progress toward your council goal. If you plan to conduct a Wheelchair Sunday, work with your pastor to obtain his permission and recommendations. Do not forget to encourage individual contributions!
- Once your goal is met, submit the associated reporting forms to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission to gain credit for your program. Remember to retain copies for your council records.
Global Wheelchair Mission Resources
- #10071- Global Wheelchair Mission - Report Form
- #10728- Global Wheelchair Mission - Horizontal Poster
- #10591- Global Wheelchair Mission - Brochure
- #10592- Global Wheelchair Mission - Vertical Poster
- #10593- Global Wheelchair Mission - Participant Certification