- Working with your pastor, obtain his permission and recommendations on conducting a Marian Prayer Service with the Our Lady Help of Persecuted Christians image.
- Working with your jurisdiction Marian Prayer Program chairman, coordinate when your council is scheduled to receive the image.
- Identify council and parish members to fulfill the various roles required in the service.
- If not enough booklets remain from previous services, order additional copies of the Marian Prayer Booklet (#5050) and Our Lady Help of Persecuted Christians Prayer Card (#10740) through Supplies Online, the supply ordering portal available on Officers Online.
- Prior to the Marian Prayer Service, use the Our Lady Help of Persecuted Christians sample press release as a model to create and distribute a tailored release to local media.
- Build public interest for the event! Promote the Marian Prayer Service with the Our Lady Help of Persecuted Christians image in your parish and larger community through a variety of efforts:
- Prominently display promotional posters (which can be ordered through Supplies Online)
- Bulletin announcements
- Pulpit announcements
- Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages
- Representatives of your council should attend the prayer service at the council from which you will receive the image and bring it to your council or parish.
- Hold your Marian Prayer Service with the following guidelines in mind:
- If possible, the choir leader should review the hymns with the congregation before the service
- Advise the readers and congregation to recite the prayers at a moderate pace to ensure the service is truly reverent
- Throughout the evening, be ever mindful of Christians who are persecuted for their faith throughout the world, past and present
- No money should be collected at the service itself
- At the close of the prayer service, formally present the image to the next host council. Also collect all Marian Prayer Booklet (#5050).
- After the service, the grand knight or council Marian Prayer Program chairman should record information about the council’s Marian Prayer Service in the Marian Prayer Log Book (#10741) that accompanies the image.
- Strongly consider hosting a dinner or other social event in conjunction with the prayer service. This is a perfect opportunity for your council to participate in the Christian Refugee Relief Program and raise awareness and much-needed financial support for Christians at risk. Although the Marian Prayer Program cannot be double-counted for the Christian Refugee Relief Program, a fundraiser after the service could help satisfy the Christian Refugee Relief Program. Visit www.kofc.org/christianrelief for more information and ideas.
- To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting forms and submit them to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Remember to retain copies for your council records.