- Working with your pastor, obtain his permission and recommendations on conducting Pregnancy Center Support.
- Ask the director of a local pregnancy center about its needs and then organize programs to help meet those needs.
Potential programs could include:
- Pray for nine months for an unborn child through a spiritual “adoption”
- Present roses to mothers and appropriate gifts to families upon the birth or baptism of their children
- Each March 25th, hold a Mass for Life on the Knights of Columbus Day of the Unborn Child
- Refer employment opportunities, affordable rental apartments, and opportunities for free or low-cost health care to the pregnancy center for client use
- Provide centers with funds for general expenses, purchase of a building, rental of an office, materials and labor for renovation, or for hiring or training of staff
- Provide general labor around the pregnancy care center such as lawn maintenance, cleaning, painting or other useful activities the council and members may be able to perform
- Baby Bottle Boomerang
- Funding a Knights of Columbus table at the pregnancy center’s annual fundraising dinner
- Assisting and participating in a pregnancy center sponsored 5K or other fundraising event
- A “baby shower” to collect maternity clothes and baby items (diapers, etc.) for the pregnancy center
- Meet council/parish needs by asking the pregnancy center to provide speakers on topics such as:
- Chastity for religious education students
- Natural Procreative Technology (NaProTechnology) regarding fertility issues, natural family planning, pregnancy or parenting for parish couples in childbearing years
- Post-abortion counseling
- Other pro-life issues for council members, the parish or the general community
- Plan the fundraising, educational or other programming event or activity, delegate responsibilities to council members, and carry out the program.
- Build public interest for the program! Promote Pregnancy Center Support in your parish and larger community through a variety of efforts:
- Bulletin announcements
- Pulpit announcements
- Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages
- On the day of any Pregnancy Center Support events, wear Knights of Columbus-branded apparel.
- Enlist a fellow Knight or community member to photograph any events.
- To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting forms and submit them to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Remember to retain copies for your council records.
- Immediately after your event is finished, complete the Life Report Form (Forthcoming)
- At the end of the fraternal year, complete your Columbian Award Application (#SP-7)
Please note: Participating in Ultrasound program does not satisfy the programming requirements for the Pregnancy Center Support program. The two activities are separate and cannot be double-counted.
Pregnancy Center Support Resources
- #10704- Pregnancy Center Support - Brochure
- #10705- Pregnancy Center Support - Vertical Poster
- #10623- Pregnancy Center Support - Guide Sheet