- Get council approval to raise the council’s portion of the cost of the machine or cost of the vehicle.
- Contact your state council’s life director for guidance. When necessary, with state deputy’s approval, create a fundraising partnership with the state council, chapter, district or other local councils.
- Identify and partner with a pregnancy center that meets Knights of Columbus guidelines and is in need of funds to purchase an ultrasound machine or funds to purchase a vehicle and ultrasound machine.
- Ask the pregnancy center to obtain a manufacturer’s price quote for a desired ultrasound machine or ultrasound machine and vehicle.
- Ask diocesan pro-life director for approval of the pregnancy center to be included in the Ultrasound Program. Complete the Diocesan Evaluation (#10715) and submit it to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission.
- Supreme Council Life office sends letter to advise state/local council that fundraising may begin.
- Establish a special council charity account to receive donated funds.
- Lead the fundraising campaign for the council’s portion of the cost of the machine with fundraising activities, such as:
- Second collection at Mass
- Laps for Life
- Baby Bottle Boomerang
- Solicit council members at a meeting and/or by mail/email
- Raffle/silent auction
- Pancake breakfasts, spaghetti dinner, etc.
- Build public interest for the Ultrasound Program! Promote in your parish and larger community through a variety of efforts:
- Bulletin announcements
- Pulpit announcements
- Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages
- When the council’s portion of the funds are collected, submit the Ultrasound Application (#10716) for matching funds to state deputy for approval/signature and forwarding to the Supreme Council office.
- Expect three to six weeks for application processing/check approval.
- Upon check receipt, make check presentation to pregnancy center with Catholic/local press invited. Refer to Public Relations and Publicity Guidelines (#2235).
- To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting forms and submit them to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Remember to retain copies for your council records.
Please note: Participating in Ultrasound program does not satisfy the programming requirements for the Pregnancy Center Support program. The two activities are separate and cannot be double-counted.
All supplies and kits should be ordered by your council Grand Knight or Financial Secretary using the Supplies Online application available through Officers Online. Please note that Guide Sheets, Press Releases, etc. are available below as PDFs.
- #10699- Ultrasound - Guidebook
- #10715- Ultrasound - Diocesan Evaluation
- #10716- Ultrasound - Application
- #10535- Ultrasound - Brochure
- #10717- Ultrasound - Vertical Poster
- #10178- Ultrasound - Horizontal Poster
- #10627- Ultrasound - Guide Sheet