The Knights of Columbus World Day of Prayer for Peace will be conducted on Sept. 11.
Councils, assemblies and circles are urged to:
- Work with your chaplain and/or pastor to coordinate a special prayer service, rosary or Mass for peace on Sept. 11. Consider having military personnel, public servants, public safety personnel to serve as lectors, eucharistic ministers, etc.
- Distribute copies of the World Day of Prayer for Peace prayer card (#9484) to members and make it available in local parishes. This prayer card includes a new prayer for peace from Pope Benedict XVI. Also, display the World Day of Prayer for Peace poster (#9483) in your council’s meeting areas, on parish bulletin boards, and in other appropriate areas.
- Make the World Day of Prayer for Peace an ecumenical event by involving churches of other denominations in the community. Invite them to join in any event coordinated by the Knights and provide World Day of Prayer for Peace posters and prayer cards for distribution in their worship centers.
- Sponsor a corporate Communion breakfast or after-Mass open house. Distribute World Day of Prayer for Peace prayer cards and arrange for the showing of the Heroes Fund video production.
- Get approval for World Day of Prayer for Peace posters to be placed on parish, council and community bulletin boards.
- Consider recognizing local military personnel and/or public safety personnel in your community. Present them with a Patriotic Service award certificate (#839 – US; #839-C – Canada; #839-P –Philippines; and #839-S – Mexico).
- Conduct a special membership drive or First Degree exemplification targeting military personnel and/or public safety officials in your community.
- Make available to Knights and parishioners a supply of the Catholic Information Service (CIS) booklets Fifth Commandment - Moral Issues of Life and Death (#127) from the Luke E. Hart Series and A Scriptual Rosary for Peace (#319) from the Veritas Series.
Councils, assemblies and circles are urged to organize events and activities on Sept. 11 promoting prayer for peace in the world, and recognize those individuals in your community who work to bring about true peace. It is also a time to encourage members and their families to take time out on this day for personal prayer and reflection.
To assist in these efforts, the following items are available from the Supreme Council office.
To order any of the materials noted below, please use the World Day of Prayer for Peace Material Order Form. Forms should be printed and faxed to the Supreme Council Supply Department at 1-800-266-6340. Please allow four weeks for delivery. The World Day of Prayer for Peace Poster and Holy Cards are available at no charge, when ordered in reasonable quantities.
|World Day of Prayer for Peace Poster||9483|
|World Day of Prayer for Peace Holy Cards||
|Knights of Columbus Hereos Fund Poster||4339|
|Patriotic Service Award Certificate – U.S.||839|
|Patriotic Service Award Certificate – Canada||839-C|
|Patriotic Service Award Certificate – Philippines||839-P|
Luke E. Hart Series
|The Fifth Commandment||127|
|A Scriptural Rosary for Peace||319|
|Armed with the Faith||364|