Updated Faith in Action Annual Survey of Fraternal Activity (#1728)
The Annual Survey of Fraternal Activity has been updated to reflect the new Faith in Action program model.
The survey form is available through Officers Online. Electronic submissions via “Online Submission” are encouraged. Please review this information.
The combined result of every council’s survey provides a powerful testament to the level of charity that our Order, as a whole, provides to our parishes and communities.
Each jurisdiction also receives information back regarding the level of charitable giving and volunteer hours enacted on the jurisdiction’s level.
The following changes have been made to the survey:
- Renaming and categorization of the data fields.
- Category reporting that matches Faith in Action.
- Volunteer hours are now reported within each itemized line.
RECOMMENDED BEST PRACTICES:
- Please submit all Fraternal Surveys (State, Council, Assembly, and Circle) to the Fraternal Mission Department by the January 31st deadline.
- The Annual Survey of Fraternal Activity (#1728) is a requirement to earn the Star Council Award and the Star Assembly Award.
- Use your Fraternal Leader Success Planner (#5033) to help document the number of meetings, events, charitable hours, and distributions throughout the year. Around your Christmas holiday, begin to review each month’s figures and tally up the meetings/donations/hours.
- Officers may wish to send each member an Individual Member Worksheet (#1728A) that he can fill out. The combined submissions will help officers gather the most accurate portrait of the charitable activity in the council.
- When calculating service hours, remember that family members and volunteers assisting the Knights can be counted towards your totals.
- Reporting should be done in whole numbers only – do not report fractions of hours or spare change.
- All monies reported should be in local currency.