- Working with your pastor, obtain his permission and recommendations on placing a Building the Domestic Church Kiosk (#BDC-K) in a prominent location in your parish hall or the vestibule / narthex of the Church.
- Order the Building the Domestic Church Kiosk (#BDC-K) through Supplies Online, the supply ordering portal available on Officers Online. The Building the Domestic Church Kiosk (#BDC-K) is available to councils in the U.S. and Canada for $150.00 USD (including shipping) and comes with 225 booklets and the kiosk.
- Assign a council member to be responsible for receiving and setting up the kiosk. Replenish the booklets when supplies are low by order Building the Domestic Church Kiosk Refill (#BDC-R) through Supplies Online, the supply ordering portal available on Officers Online. (You may want to speak to your pastor about collaborating with the parish for future booklets orders, since councils can purchase booklets in bulk at a reduced rate.)
- In collaboration with your parish faith formation leader, plan activities to promote the materials in the Building the Domestic Church Kiosk (#BDC-K). Have council members assist in the teaching events associated with the booklets and/or lead one or more of the faith-based groups/activities. Potential programs where the booklets can be used include:
- Adults studying to enter the Catholic faith
- Continuing education
- Men’s groups
- Family ministries
- Parish retreats
- Evenings of reflection
- Youth Ministry programs
- Council membership formation
- Active booklet distributions after Mass
- Build public interest for the program! Promote the Building the Domestic Church Kiosk (#BDC-K) and activities associated with it in your parish and larger community through a variety of efforts:
- Prominently display promotional posters (which can be ordered through Supplies Online)
- Bulletin announcements
- Pulpit announcements
- Posting on your council and parish website / social media pages
- To gain credit for your program, complete the associated reporting forms and submit them to the Supreme Council Department of Fraternal Mission. Remember to retain copies for your council records.
- At the end of the fraternal year, complete the Faith Report Form (forthcoming)
- At the end of the fraternal year, complete your Columbian Award Application (#SP-7)
Please Note: Conducting an Into the Breach study group does not satisfy the programming requirements for the Building the Domestic Church Kiosk program. The two activities are separate and cannot be double-counted.