Star Council Award
Prior to the end of the fraternal year on June 30, make sure that your council achieves the requirements to qualify for the Father McGivney, Founders’, Columbian and Star Council Awards.
There are no application forms for the Father McGivney and Founder’s awards.
Star Council Award
The Star Council Award recognizes outstanding achievement in membership, insurance and service program activities. To be eligible to earn the Star Council Award, a council must qualify for the Father McGivney, Founder's, and Columbian awards.
Complete and submit the Columbian Award Application (SP7) found in the Council Report Forms Booklet (#1436) or at www.kofc.org/forms. Councils must conduct and report at least four major programs in each of the Service Program categories: Church, community, council, family, culture of life, and youth. Completed applications must reach the Supreme Council office by June 30.
In addition to meeting the traditional Columbian Award requirements - conducting at least four programs in each category - each of the six Columbian Award categories also has at least one featured program. By meeting all requirements for a featured program activity in a particular category, a council fulfills all requirements for that category. The six categories and the featured programs for each follow (program links provide more information):
- Church - The featured program for the church category highlighted is the Refund Supports Vocation Program (RSVP.
- Community - There are two featured programs, Habitat for Humanity and the Global Wheelchair Mission.
- Council - The featured program for the Council program category is Special Olympics.
- Family - The featured program for the Family Activities category is the Knights of Columbus Food for Families program.
- Culture of Life - A council can satisfy all requirements for the Culture of Life Activities category by participating in either the Knights of Columbus Ultrasound Initiative or a local, regional or national March for Life.
- Youth - Participating in the Knights of Columbus Coats for Kids program meets all requirements in the Youth Activities category.
Father McGivney Award
Father McGivney Award: Achieve membership quota. The quota for councils is 7 percent increase of the council's membership as of July 1. The minimum quota is 4 and the maximum is 35. Councils that attain Star Council status and achieve 200 percent of their net gain goal will receive the Double Star Council Award. If they achieve 300 percent of their net gain goal they will receive the Triple Star Council Award.
Achieve insurance membership quota. The quota for councils is a 2.5 percent net increase in insurance membership as of July 1 for the fraternal year. The minimum quota is 3 and the maximum of 18.
(Note: all membership and insurance transactions must be received, processed, recorded and released at the Supreme Council office by June 30.)