Each council, assembly and Squires circle is encouraged to participate by holding a special prayer service in its council home, meeting place or local parish church. When celebrating the Knights of Columbus Day of the Unborn Child:
- Councils are encouraged to conduct a Mass or Rosary service celebrating the culture of life. Remember to invite all members of the community, including public officials and health care workers, to show everyone that there is a strong support for building a culture of life in the area. Strength in numbers gives others the courage to speak up and also lets the community know there is a group willing to help women in crisis pregnancies.
- To plan a service, local councils should:
- Consult with your chaplain, faithful friar, father prior or the pastor of the local parish to establish a time and the kind of service (i.e. Rosary, Mass, etc);
- Invite all council, assembly and circle members and their families to the event as well as parishioners and members of local culture of life groups;
- Ask the pastor to make a pulpit or bulletin announcement regarding the program at all Masses the weekend prior to the event;
- Send a notice to the local diocesan newspaper and local secular media.
- Councils, assemblies and circles should distribute Prayer for Life cards (#4665). Additional copies of the brochure and prayer cards are available in reasonable quantities. Also, utilize this sample prayer service in planning your council’s, assembly's or circle's event.
The Knights of Columbus Day of the Unborn Child was instituted as an addition to the Order's commitment to build a culture that respects and protects every human life from conception to natural death.
The Supreme Council has a number of other materials to aid you. All of these are free of charge.
To order the following materials, council officers should place their orders via Supplies Online, the supply ordering portal available on Officers Online.
|People of Life brochure||4795|
|People of Life poster||4804|
|Prayer for the Unborn prayer card||4665|
|Pregnant? Need Help? - Birthright flyer||1757|
|Defend Life billboard use only (10' x 20')||1938|
|Pray the Rosary to End Abortion prayer card||2072|
|Pray the Rosary to End Abortion poster||2073|
|Celebrate the Gospel of Life prayer card||4237|
|Celebrate the Gospel of Life poster||4238|
|Study Guide for the encyclical Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life)||2914|
Consensus on Abortion
In Beyond a House Divided: The Moral Consensus Ignored by Washington, Wall Street & the Media, bestselling author Carl Anderson explores what many have missed: an overwhelming American consensus on many of the country's seemingly most divisive issues.